Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SQL Warehouse: User is not part of org

jomt
New Contributor III

I tried to start the Databricks SQL Warehouse cluster today, but received the following error message:

Clusters are failing to launch. Cluster launch will be retired Request to create a cluster failed with an exception: PERMISSION_DENIED: User xxxx is not part of org: xxxx

I believe the error is due to a member that left the team last week. Because he created the SQL Warehouse cluster he is probably a default admin. How do we remove the user as an admin from the SQL Warehouse?

3 REPLIES 3

jose_gonzalez

Hi @Joakim Torsvik​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

jomt
New Contributor III

Hello @Jose Gonzalez​ 

Sadly no. A colleague told me that there is a bug in the Databricks SQL warehouse which attaches the creator as an immovable owner of the SQL warehouse-cluster.

This is a problem limited to the SQL warehouse-cluster it seems.

To bypass the issue we deleted our SQL warehouse-cluster and created a new one.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.