Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pyspark RDD fails with pytest

danniely
New Contributor II

when I call RDD Apis during pytest, it seems like module "serializer.py" cannot find any other modules under pyspark.

I've already looked up on the internet, and it seems like pyspark modules are not properly importing other referring modules.

I see others who are experiencing a similar issue.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53863576/modulenotfounderror-because-pyspark-serializer-is-not-a...

I tried making a whole spark package into a zip file and load it when creating a spark session using addPyFile() method, but no use unfortunately.

Anyone could help me out with this?

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hyunho lee​ : It sounds like you are encountering an issue with PySpark's serializer not being able to find the necessary modules during testing with Pytest. One solution you could try is to set the PYTHONPATH

environment variable to include the path to your PySpark installation before running Pytest. This can be done by adding the following line to your test script before running Pytest:

import os
os.environ['PYTHONPATH'] = '/path/to/pyspark'

Replace /path/to/pyspark with the actual path to your PySpark installation directory.

Another solution you could try is to use the PYSPARK_PYTHON environment variable to specify the Python executable to be used by PySpark. You can set this variable to the Python executable you used to install PySpark. For example:

import os
os.environ['PYSPARK_PYTHON'] = '/path/to/python'

Replace /path/to/python with the actual path to your Python executable.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.