Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TimeoutException: Futures timed out after [5 seconds]. I am getting this error while running few parallel jobs at an interval of 5 minutes.

Data_Analytics1
Contributor III

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Futures timed out after [5 seconds]

at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$DefaultPromise.ready(Promise.scala:259)

at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise$DefaultPromise.result(Promise.scala:263)

at scala.concurrent.Await$.$anonfun$result$1(package.scala:223)

at scala.concurrent.BlockContext$DefaultBlockContext$.blockOn(BlockContext.scala:57)

at scala.concurrent.Await$.result(package.scala:146)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.JupyterDriverLocal$RequestStatus.waitForReply(JupyterDriverLocal.scala:210)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.JupyterDriverLocal.repl(JupyterDriverLocal.scala:972)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverLocal.$anonfun$execute$23(DriverLocal.scala:728)

at com.databricks.unity.UCSEphemeralState$Handle.runWith(UCSEphemeralState.scala:41)

at com.databricks.unity.HandleImpl.runWith(UCSHandle.scala:99)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverLocal.$anonfun$execute$20(DriverLocal.scala:711)

at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.$anonfun$withAttributionContext$1(UsageLogging.scala:398)

at scala.util.DynamicVariable.withValue(DynamicVariable.scala:62)

at com.databricks.logging.AttributionContext$.withValue(AttributionContext.scala:147)

at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.withAttributionContext(UsageLogging.scala:396)

at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.withAttributionContext$(UsageLogging.scala:393)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverLocal.withAttributionContext(DriverLocal.scala:62)

at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.withAttributionTags(UsageLogging.scala:441)

at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.withAttributionTags$(UsageLogging.scala:426)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverLocal.withAttributionTags(DriverLocal.scala:62)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverLocal.execute(DriverLocal.scala:688)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverWrapper.$anonfun$tryExecutingCommand$1(DriverWrapper.scala:622)

at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:213)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverWrapper.tryExecutingCommand(DriverWrapper.scala:614)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverWrapper.executeCommandAndGetError(DriverWrapper.scala:533)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverWrapper.executeCommand(DriverWrapper.scala:568)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverWrapper.runInnerLoop(DriverWrapper.scala:438)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverWrapper.runInner(DriverWrapper.scala:381)

at com.databricks.backend.daemon.driver.DriverWrapper.run(DriverWrapper.scala:232)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

8 REPLIES 8

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, timeout options can indicate to recheck the network connectivity between the control plane and he data plane. Please provide us the whole error to check the main error code. Thanks.

What exactly you want from my end? I already pasted the complete error above.

gabraham00
New Contributor II

Hi, same issue over here ... Thanks for your support!

Hi @Guillermo Abraham​ , have you resolved the issue?

sunilkanch
New Contributor II

I did have the same exact error but I don't have any parallelism especially in that notebook. The failure was in the subsequent notebook for some other parallel runs. like below

1 --> 2,3,4,5 --> 6 --> 7 . This is how my pipeline looks like and 2,3,4,5 are the notebooks running in parallel with almost similar code but different datasets. But the exception occurred on 6. And I didn't have much luck except finding this thread. And to my surprise, this thread is pretty new and I am hoping its not something to do with the DBR version. I am using AWS Databricks 11.3 LTS version with Photon enabled nodes. I am happy to provide any other useful information to troubleshoot this. Thanks

Hi @sunil kancharlapalli​ , are you still facing the same issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Mahesh Chahare​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we can help you. 

Cheers!

Hi @Vidula Khanna​ , The error still persist. I am trying to resolve the issue but it is still there.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.