Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best practice for managing resources to avoid creators leaving out of the project

Trung
Contributor

Dear DB community!

• As I know, when the resource creator is out of the project all resources they create will be deleted as well. So the question is that: can I assign the owner role to a group, that will help protect the resource from deletion or not? Or the resource will survive depending on the creator instead of the owner?
  • Is there any impact if I assign the ​owner of resources role to a group? is it the best practice?
4 REPLIES 4

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, could you please confirm what all are the resources you are talking about? Also, could you please clarify the ask as even if there is owner role assigned to the DB cluster/etc, after cluster (for example) termination the backend resources, such as virtual machines and all will be terminated to save the cost and various other reasons.

dear @Debayan Mukherjee​ the resources I mentioned are pipeline, Job, cluster created by this engineer, ​

because the engineer was out of the project so the databricks account workspace of him should be removed. It leads to ​all of these resources belong him being invalid.

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

The resources will be there untill those are deleted by any other admin in that workspace.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @trung nguyen​ 

Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.

Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.

Your feedback will help us ensure that we are providing the best possible service to you. Thank you!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.