cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know, who started a job run?

MrJava
New Contributor III

Hi there!

We have different jobs/workflows configured in our Databricks workspace running on AWS and would like to know who actually started the job run? Are they started by a user or a service principle using curl?

Currently one can only see, who is the owner and who created the job config but not who triggerd an actual run.

I tried to find something in the audit logs we have activated for the jobs but was not successful.

Any hints are highly welcome!

9 REPLIES 9

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

check the event logs

and driver logs you will find that

MrJava
New Contributor III

Hi!

I checked the cluster logs and looked under "Event log". Under the Event type CREATING the listed user is not who actually started the job. The name that is listed there is always the user that is given under "Run as" in the job config.

Had a look into the driver logs but did not see any user information. Could you please be more specific on where to look there or give me a search pattern I can look for?

I would like to check who started the job, not under which user the cluster will run.

Aviral-Bhardwaj
Esteemed Contributor III

lets connect https://www.linkedin.com/in/aviralb/ to discuss more

Please keep the discussion on this platform so the whole community may participate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Matthias Mueller​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we can help you. 

Cheers!

MrJava
New Contributor III

Nope, still no luck

AntonioAzure
New Contributor III

Trying to find exactly the same information. No luck and no entries in search engines so far. Looking for a solution for this.

JeffP
New Contributor II

Hi, were you able to find the information on who started a job run? I'm also searching for this information but was not able to find it. Thanks!

leonorgrosso
New Contributor

I've just posted this idea on the Idea Portal of Databricks regarding this subject. Upvote it so it may get developed!

https://feedback.azure.com/d365community/idea/5d0fdbbf-eefb-ee11-a73c-0022485313bb

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.