Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Search on Tables getting error

JohnUrban
New Contributor III

I click on the Search box on the top bar of the databricks workspace and select "Open advanced search". A dialog pops up with the Tables tab selected and an error below that says: "An error occurred while fetching search results. Please try again later"

I am running the workspace on Azure. I have tables in my unity catalog that I want to search for specific fields. All other tabs search perfectly, no issues. I can see the network trace traffic behind the browser spitting out this message:

POST: https://***.azuredatabricks.net/graphql/GlobalSearchUCGql

Response Code: 200:

Response Payload:

{

"data":{

"searchmidtierSearchUCMetadata":{

"results":null,

"apiError":{

"code":"PERMISSION_DENIED",

"message":"Cannot resolve workspace",

"__typename":"ApiError"

},

"__typename":"SearchmidtierSearchUCMetadataResponse"

}

}

}

Just need guidance on getting this advanced search to work.

4 REPLIES 4

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Are you the owner of the account workspace? or an admin? Could you please check the permissions from the users tab?

JohnUrban
New Contributor III

I am a workspace admin and an account admin but I am not the owner of the workspace. T'he owner of the workspace also gets the same error as I do.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @John Urban​, You must verify that your user account has the necessary permissions to access the Databricks workspace and perform advanced searches. You may need to contact your Databricks administrator or support team to verify and adjust your user permissions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @John Urban​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we can help you. 

Cheers!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.