Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Catalog - Error getting sample data in data explorer

Daithi
New Contributor

I get an error message saying I Error getting sample data, when I try to view sample data from a table in a schema I created in a Unity Catalog. I dropped the schema and table and got a collague to recreate and still the same message. We are both Unity Catlog Admins and he is not recieving this error and can see the sample data. Even when we drop and recreate in his name its the same issues...............I can see the data if I actual query it within the sql section. I believe it may be a permissions issue.........but it appears that we have identical permissions. Any help would be greatful.

I have added a screen shot of the error

image.png

4 REPLIES 4

YSF
New Contributor III

I'm also getting this error for catalogs/schemas/tables I create. I get this when I click sample data. But I am able to otherwise query it from a notebook using SQL

abhaigh
New Contributor III

Use a version 13.3 cluster - 11.3 isn't Unity-Catalog-aware

-=A=-

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Daithi can you please see if you have all previlage on catalog, look catalog/ table level permission, you can check under permissions tab on each level and update please

Krishnamatta
New Contributor III

Cluster Access mode should be Shared/Single user or use SQL warehouse as your cluster

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.