Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance b/w Managed Table and Un-Managed table

param3sh
New Contributor

I am using Databricks in Azure. I want to mount ADLS Gen2 on Databricks and create unmanged (external) tables on the mount point. But before that I want to know which will give best performance, is it Managed table (stores data in DBFS root)or Un-managed(stores data in ADLS Gen2)?

3 REPLIES 3

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Paramesh Malla​ , I would expect both tables to perform equally well.

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, depending on the network settings and speed sometimes external points are slow, otherwise the performance for both of the tables are almost same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Paramesh Malla​ 

Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.

Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.

Your feedback will help us ensure that we are providing the best possible service to you. Thank you!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.