Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to stop continuous running streaming job over weekend

sanjay
Valued Contributor II

I have an continuous running streaming Job, I would like to stop this over weekend and start again on Monday. Here is my streaming job code.

(spark.readStream.format("delta").load(input_path)

.writeStream

.option("checkpointLocation", input_checkpoint_path)

.trigger(processingTime="1 minute")

.foreachBatch(foreachBatchFunction)

.start()

)

Regards

Sanjay

8 REPLIES 8

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Sanjay Jainโ€‹ , You can stop your job from the UI

sanjay
Valued Contributor II

Thank you Lakshay. I am looking to stop automatically through some regex or programatically.

Its hard and chances of forgetting to stop every Friday and start again on Monday.

MoJaMa
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

We're bringing "Continuous" jobs as a first-class citizen for exactly this scenario. So you will be able to "Pause" a job on Friday PM for example, and start again on Monday AM. Talk to your Databricks account team for access to the Private Preview.

Continuous Job

sanjay
Valued Contributor II

Thank you Mathew. I will check Continuous job feature.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Sanjay Jainโ€‹ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

sanjay
Valued Contributor II

Hi Vidula,

I could not find continuous option as suggested by Mathew. Can you help how/where to see this option.

Regards,

Sanjay

@Vidula Khannaโ€‹  I too couldn't find the continuous option or trigger option. @Mohan Mathewsโ€‹  can you help us in getting the option?

NDK
New Contributor II

@sanjay Any luck on that, I am also looking for the solution for the same issue

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.