Valued Contributor II

Is retaking the exam only option???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nadia1
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hello Merca,

I spoke with Vidula on this issue and sent her the above response. That is currently our policy and we are sorry for the inconvenience. Please keep a look out for events that are being held offering vouchers to take an exam! We can't provide exams for free - please attend a future event and do the qualifications to get a voucher.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Merca Ovnerudโ€‹ ,

For now, we have only one option which is retaking the exam.

@Sujitha Ramamoorthyโ€‹  right ??

merca
Valued Contributor II

I really hope this is not the case or at least there is free exam. Don't you want people to be up to date? Others give possibility to only do some free partial exam (including mostly the new stuff) without that much fuss (like the whole examination environment and such).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Merca Ovnerudโ€‹ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

merca
Valued Contributor II

@Vidula Khannaโ€‹ 

I would love to get somebody to tell me that retaking the exam for full cost is not the only option here. If it is - you guys should re-evaluate.

For me and probably for many this is an turn off because of the hassle and cost - my skills will not diminish with time, they will improve.

You could look at the competitors - offering like recertifying for reduced cost or like one of the mayor players: yearly free renewal of certification with questionnaire focusing primally on new stuff.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Merca Ovnerudโ€‹ 

Thank you for the feedback.

In the past year, we have held events to offer free or discounted vouchers to take our exams. We offered this to anyone who joined our free events, did the survey, and took our free accreditation. There were many opportunities for you to join and receive a voucher to retake the exam for free. As of right now, we are not offering vouchers to retake the exam. You must pay full price to renew your certificate.

Regards

merca
Valued Contributor II

@Vidula Khannaโ€‹ - To be honest - this is kind of aggressive answer.

Nadia1
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hello Merca,

I spoke with Vidula on this issue and sent her the above response. That is currently our policy and we are sorry for the inconvenience. Please keep a look out for events that are being held offering vouchers to take an exam! We can't provide exams for free - please attend a future event and do the qualifications to get a voucher.

merca
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Nadia Elsayedโ€‹ ,

How did you read out from my answers that I'm only after free exam? As I stated, my issue is that one has to re-take the full exam for full price with all the hassle that is involved with it.

But anyhow - I get that this is you policy, and I will forward the information to my co-worker. He has to evaluate if this is something he wants to do every 2 years.

Me personally: I work with your product daily in so many varieties and have enough cases to level up any certification.

Thank you for you time and information.

Nadia1
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hello Merca,

Apologies - retaking an exam is the same as taking a new exam. It is the same process.

Understood! Hope to see you at one of our future events.

Thank you!

ACP
New Contributor III

Thatโ€™s not good at all! Iโ€™m not gonna keep paying every 2 yearsโ€ฆ Azure can do the renewals for free with unproctored exams only for renewalsโ€ฆ Surely you guys could do this way as well

Nadia1
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hello,

For right now renewals are not free. As stated above you are more than welcome to attend an event that offers a discounted voucher to take or retake an exam. Hope to see you at our future events. Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.