Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inability to refresh PBI report( in Power BI Service) connected to Databricks.

Afeez_Raheem
New Contributor III

This issue pertains to our Power BI report connecting to Azure Databricks data source. Here is the issue. We are able to successfully connect (to Databricks) and refresh the dataset on Power BI Desktop, but the visuals stop displaying as soon as the report is published in PBI Service(web).

Meanwhile, we observed that the Databricks Server hostname is never displayed on the dataset lineage in Power BI Service (Please see pictures attached for reference) We thought that you might be able to offer some insights/guidance on this issue. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

While publishing your dataset, is your cluster running that time??

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

While publishing your dataset, is your cluster running that time??

Thank you for asking. Yes, it was running at those times I published

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Owo Akilo​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Afeez_Raheem
New Contributor III

Thank you. I figured it out. Apparently, the developer had included some prefixes, such as DEV, UAT, PRD as part of the parameter name. That caused the issue when the report was published

Hi @Owo Akilo​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best.

Afeez_Raheem
New Contributor III

@Ajay Pandey​ His question did drive me to test a few things out, so it was helpful. Thank you

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.