cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading PowerBi report in databricks..

thisisadarshsin
New Contributor II

Hi ,

I am trying to load power bi report in databricks,but i am getting..empty while printing report.. i have already installed pip install powerbiclient,and device_auth is also successfull,but

report = Report(group_id=group_id, report_id=report_id, auth=device_auth)

i have also embedded my report..in https://playground.powerbi.com/ it is woking fine there,but in datbricks getting empty

image.pngimage

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adarsh Singh​ :

It seems like you have successfully authenticated and created a report object using the powerbiclient library. However, it's not clear how you are trying to load and display the report in Databricks.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that the report is actually returning data by calling the report.render() method. This should return a dictionary containing the report's content.
  2. Check that you have the necessary privileges to access the report from Databricks.
  3. Verify that the group_id and report_id are correct and that the report exists in the Power BI group.
  4. If you are using the displayHTML function to display the report, make sure that the HTML content is properly formatted and includes the necessary JavaScript and CSS files.
  5. Try using a different method to display the report, such as exporting the report as a PDF or an image and then displaying it in Databricks using the display function.

Hopefully, one of these suggestions will help you identify the issue and get your Power BI report to display correctly in Databricks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Adarsh Singh​ 

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions in the future. Thank you for your participation and let us know if you need any further assistance! 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.