Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks IDE - Notebooks

Jfoxyyc
Valued Contributor

With the announcement of the official IDE support for VS Code, does any one know if there's a way to run notebooks in VSC Code on Databricks clusters?

https://www.databricks.com/blog/2023/02/14/announcing-a-native-visual-studio-code-experience-for-dat...

8 REPLIES 8

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please try to check this: Download the VS Code Extension , also, Please take a look at our documentation for AWSAzure, and GCP for help with how to get started using the extension, and give it a try.

For running notebooks in VSC code we do not have provision as of now.

Jfoxyyc
Valued Contributor

Thanks Debayan. I can comfortably connect and use the VS Code extension. I was mostly just interested in notebook support since Databricks is a very notebook heavy platform, it just feels weird to then not support notebooks in the IDE too. Glue Studio supports notebooks, is it at least on the backburner to support notebooks in IDE on Databricks?

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Jordan Fox​ ,

Yes, you can run your code directly to databricks cluster.

First, you have to configure databricks with vs code you will be able to run your code directly on databricks cluster.

I am attaching a snapshot for the same.

vs_dbs

Jfoxyyc
Valued Contributor

Yeah I'm curious if we can or if there's plans to support notebooks like Glue Studio does.

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

only for python though

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jordan Fox​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we can help you. 

Cheers!

Hi @Jordan Fox​,

Just a friendly follow-up. Did any of the responses help you to resolve your question? if it did, please mark it as best. Otherwise, please let us know if you still need help.

Jfoxyyc
Valued Contributor

There has been no response regarding running notebook cells in VS Code, so no best response.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.