cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutliple Hive catalogs

knawara
Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to use multiple Hive catalogs with Databricks? I know it can be done with Unity Catalog, but we're the only workspace admins in our organization. As far as I understand, we'd need account-level access to set up Unity Catalog.

Best regards,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris Nawara​ :

Yes, it is possible to use multiple Hive catalogs with Databricks. Databricks supports multiple Hive metastores in a single workspace, which allows you to work with data stored in different environments, such as AWS S3 or Azure Data Lake Storage, through separate Hive catalogs.

Hi @Suteja, thank you for your response.
Is there any documentation explaining how to configure multiple catalogs? I was unable to find anything that wasn't related to Unity catalog.
Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Chris Nawara​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we can help you. 

Cheers!

Hi,
Still waiting for the reply to my follow-up question 🙂
Best regards,
Chris
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.