Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to mount ADLS Gen2 in Data bricks

vibhakar
New Contributor

py4j.security.Py4JSecurityException: Method public com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore$Result com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore.mount(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.util.Map) is not whitelisted on class class com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore

3 REPLIES 3

Cedric
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Vibhakar Prasad​,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please share which access mode your cluster is using?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Vibhakar Prasad​, This error message suggests you are encountering a Py4JSecurityException when trying to mount a file system in Databricks.

Py4J is the Java gateway library used by Databricks to enable communication between Python and Java code.

The error occurs when the mounting method in the DBUtilsCore class is not whitelisted for security reasons.

By default, only a limited set of methods are whitelisted to prevent potentially unsafe operations.

SnehalTamhane
New Contributor II

@Kaniz Fatma​ I am also facing the same exception when I am trying to mount Gen1 datalake store on azure databricks through python.

I get that by default, only a limited set of methods are whitelisted to prevent potentially unsafe operations, but how do I whitelist this method and get the mount working without the error?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.