Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get cluster logs in an external storage account?

Mado
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

I have two questions about cluster logs.

Q1) It seems that I can only store logs on DBFS. But, is there any way I can send the cluster logs to an Azure storage account?

Note that workspace is not enabled for the Unity Catalog (and is not aimed to be enabled based on my client's request.).

Q2) We can query tables in the notebook running on the cluster (different from the query editor in SQL persona).

I am interested in table usage information (which user queried a specific table at what time).

Do the logs contain table usage information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Q1: if you mount your storage account on databricks, it is available through dbfs (dbfs/mnt/...).

Q2: I think you need to enable the audit logs for that, although I am not sure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

Q1: if you mount your storage account on databricks, it is available through dbfs (dbfs/mnt/...).

Q2: I think you need to enable the audit logs for that, although I am not sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Mohammad Saber​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we can help you. 

Cheers!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.