Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Audit Logs, What is "dataSourceId"?

Mado
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

I want to access the Databricks Audit Logs to check user activity.

I created a Databricks workspace on the premium pricing tier.

I configured Audit logs to be sent to Azure Diagnostic log delivery. What I got in the "Log Analytics Workspace":

I have two questions.

A) What is the difference between "DatabricksSQL" & "DatabricksDatabricksSQL"?

B) When I open "DatabricksSQL" or "DatabricksDatabricksSQL", and select "executeFastQuery" & "executeAdhocQuery" for ActionName:

I get "dataSourceId" in the column "Requestparams".

I was wondering what "dataSourceId" is. Is it the TableID or CatalogID?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

The data_source_id field specifies the id of the SQL warehouse against which this query will run. You can use the Data Sources API to see a complete list of available SQL warehouses.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

ID of the data source for this endpoint. This is used to bind an Databricks SQL query to an endpoint. data_source_id is an another identifier of the SQL Endpoint.

https://docs.databricks.com/administration-guide/account-settings/audit-logs.html#workspace-level-au....

Mado
Valued Contributor II

Thanks.

Is SQL endpoint the same as SQL Warehouse?

The SQL warehouse ID is different from dataSourceId.

Cluster-ID is also different:

Do you know the difference between "DatabricksSQL" and "DatabricksDatabricksSQL"? Seems that they contain the same information.

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

The data_source_id field specifies the id of the SQL warehouse against which this query will run. You can use the Data Sources API to see a complete list of available SQL warehouses.

Mado
Valued Contributor II

Thanks. But, the id of the SQL warehouse is different from data_source_id as I uploaded in my previous post.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.