Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to by pass SSL cert verification, using Repos with Azure Devops

SteveGPT
New Contributor III

Hi all, after some time working with Devops and Repos and getting used to the convenience our SSL Cert situation got jacked up somehow. While not ideal, I'd like to be able to temporarily bypass cert verification. There are ways to do this in the shell, but it's unclear how to do it so interacting w/ Repos in the GUI will work. Any helpful advice people can offer would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Stephen Charlesworth​, If you need to interact with your Repos in the GUI temporarily, you may want to consider fixing your SSL certificate issue instead of bypassing verification. This can be done by updating or renewing your SSL certificate if it has expired. Once your SSL certificate is fixed, you can resume normal operations without any security risks.

SteveGPT
New Contributor III

Agree. Unfortunately I am unclear how to fix IT. IT assures me the certificate is from a top of the line source, and it appears to work with other applications (but not Databricks). The error I get is extremely vague: 'Error fetching Git status

Secure connection could not be established because of SSL problems.'

Is there somewhere we can look at a log to identify what the actual SSL problems are?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Stephen Charlesworth​ , Try upgrading your Git version to the latest version, if possible. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance. I'm always here to help and support you in any way I can.

SteveGPT
New Contributor III

Thanks, this is AzureDevops though. So Microsoft is managing such specifics.

SteveGPT
New Contributor III

Guess I'm out of luck on this one...

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Stephen Charlesworth​, Let us know if you need help.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.