Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a stream / Kafka topic that we can connect to for monitoring all Databricks jobs/workflows (create/status update/fail/error/complete)?

RyanHager
Contributor

Currently we are creating and monitoring jobs using the api. This results in a lot of polling of the API for job status. Is there a Kafka stream, we could listen to get jobs updates and significantly reduce the number of calls to the Databricks jobs api? This should help reducing the "exceeding the rate limit error" for requests (429 return response status code.)

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ryan Hager​ : The events generated by Databricks jobs are published to a Kafka topic called _job_notification which is available in the Databricks Runtime version 6.3 and above.

Is there any documentation on the Kafka topic called _job_notification? I was not able to find any reference of it or how to use it.

This is not a valid/best answer as there is no documentation on the feature or how to use it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Ryan Hager​ 

Hope everything is going great.

Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue. If yes, would you be happy to mark an answer as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly? If not, please tell us so we can help you. 

Cheers!

@Vidula Khanna​ Someone just marked this as the best and I unmarked it. I was unable to find any documentation on this feature or how to use it.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.