Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks SQL restful API to query delta table

sensanjoy
Contributor

As of today, can we use any Databricks SQL Restful API to query Delta Tables stored in ADLS from any external UI?

There is some information mentioned over this link https://docs.databricks.com/sql/api/index.html? but not sure how to use them!!

Checked in Databricks documentation about how this can be implemented but dint find any proper way out.

Any help/suggestion is highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
10 REPLIES 10

daniel_sahal
Esteemed Contributor

@[sensanjoy]

I don't think that there's a way to query a Delta Table to get the data through REST API.

yup...you are right.

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

As far as I know we don't have any rest Delta Rest API

NateAnth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Databricks SQL has many ways to query data programatically. Last year we published a blog outlining a options for connectors for GoNode.jsPython, as well as a new CLI that makes it simple for developers to connect to Databricks SQL from any application of their choice.

https://www.databricks.com/blog/2022/06/29/connect-from-anywhere-to-databricks-sql.html

There is a SQL API for submitting queries to Databricks SQL Warehouses currently in preview. Please reach out to your Databricks account team to see if it makes sense to explore the preview for your use case.

sensanjoy
Contributor

Thanks NateAnth for the information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Sanjoy Senโ€‹ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Hi Vidula..I am good to close this as I have received the solution looking for answered by @Nathan Anthonyโ€‹ and @Anant Pingleโ€‹ .

NateAnth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

This is the feature I was referring to above. It is now in public preview. Enjoy!

excellent ๐Ÿ™‚

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.