Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i retrieve timestamp data from history in databricks sql not using DELTA table,its data is coming from SAP

amruth
New Contributor

I am not using delta tables my data is from SAP ..how do i retrieve timestamp(history) dynamically from SAP table using databricks SQL

4 REPLIES 4

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

This depends on what database SAP is running.

First of all databricks SQL needs to have access to the SAP database (HANA, Oracle, DB2, ...)

To query changes to these tables, table logging has to be enabled OR you need to have access to the rollback log (or transaction log or ...).

Chances are small that you are allowed to run such a query.

But perhaps you mean something else with timestamp data?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amruth D​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

mandeep
New Contributor II

Totally! Your questions are great and show a real desire to learn. It is inspiring to see someone actively searching for information and participating in lively discussions.

SAP Course in Pune

Dribka
New Contributor III

@amruth If you're working with data from SAP in Databricks and want to retrieve timestamps dynamically from a SAP table, you can utilize Databricks SQL to achieve this. You'll need to identify the specific SAP table that contains the timestamp or historical data. Once you've identified the table, you can construct a SQL query in Databricks that includes the appropriate columns and conditions to retrieve the timestamp dynamically. Consider using the SELECT statement to fetch the relevant timestamp column and apply any necessary filters based on your requirements. It's crucial to understand the structure of your SAP table and the naming conventions used for timestamp columns. If there's a specific column indicating historical data, you can use it in your query to retrieve timestamps dynamically. Ensure your Databricks environment is properly configured to connect to your SAP data source, and test your SQL query iteratively to ensure accurate results.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.