Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install python library

u2dragon
New Contributor III

I'm trying to install a python library but I'm not able, the status won't change from "pending".

I get this message when I click on the library under the cluster's Libraries tab: "Library installation has been attempted on the driver node but has not finished yet".

I have no problem with the installation of other libraries. Has anyone any idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Update: I tried to install the library from the notebook by typing

pip install piwebapi-restapi

At least in the "terminal" I was able to see that something was happening (downloading and installing of files), but after 2 hours the installation stopped with the error "Command 'pip --disable-pip-version-check install piwebapi-restapi' returned non-zero exit status 1."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

u2dragon
New Contributor III

Ok, looks like I was able to solve my problem.

First, I needed to install all the required libraries one by one. These are the followings:

1. pandas
  2. six
  3. requests
  4. pyspnego
  5. cryptography
  6. krb5
  7. requests-kerberos

After that I was able to install the webAPI library.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

the pypi page does not help, there is nothing on it. can you take a look at the driver logs?

u2dragon
New Contributor III

I think that python package is more or less but the same as the content of this git hub repo: https://github.com/dcbark01/PI-Web-API-Client-Python

This package can be found under many names on pypi, according to my observation. E.g. this is also that one: https://pypi.org/project/osisoft.pidevclub.piwebapi-thompsonp17/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have permissions to install libraries on the cluster? What cloud are you using?

u2dragon
New Contributor III

I have the permissions, I was able to install other libraries. I'm using Azure.

u2dragon
New Contributor III

Ok, looks like I was able to solve my problem.

First, I needed to install all the required libraries one by one. These are the followings:

1. pandas
  2. six
  3. requests
  4. pyspnego
  5. cryptography
  6. krb5
  7. requests-kerberos

After that I was able to install the webAPI library.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.