Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Governance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"spark.databricks.pyspark.enablePy4JSecurity is not allowed when choosing an access mode"

Christine
Contributor

Due to some problems, I need to set Py4JSecurity to false, however I get the following message:

"spark.databricks.pyspark.enablePy4JSecurity is not allowed when choosing an access mode"

My cluster is in Shared access mode and a runtime version 12.1 (includes Apache Spark 3.3.1, Scala 2.12) with Unity catalog, Worker type Standard_DS4_v2, and driver type Standard_DS3_v2.

I need it to be a shared cluster that uses unity catalog, so is there any way to get around this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please test it on a standard standalone cluster/single user cluster and confirm? The error is occurring because enabling the security may break user isolation.

Please let us know if this helps. 

Also please tag @Debayan​ with your next response which will notify me, Thank you!

Hi @Debayan Mukherjee​,

It works in a single user cluster, but I was wondering if it is possible to use it on a shared cluster?

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Christine Pedersen​ , It is not possible to use it in a shared cluster as of now. Thank you!

@Debayan Mukherjee​ Thank you for the clarification! I will continue with single-user cluster.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.