Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is LEGACY_SINGLE_USER_STANDARD no longer supported?

grazie
Contributor

Based on [an answer in this community](https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D58Y00009jfKM1SAM/error-no-metastore-assigned-for-the-current-workspace), we set "data security mode" to LEGACY_SINGLE_USER_STANDARD in a cluster policy which needed to access files through dbutil.fs in a workspace and that previously got the NO METASTORE error that the above answer resolved.

However, now I was unable to create a cluster using this policy - could it be that LEGACY_SINGLE_USER_STANDARD is no longer supported? I looked in release notes, but couldn't find info about that there.

If so, what is the approach to solve the same issue now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Geir Iversen​ Below cluster policy works for me. BTW access to the file system is allowed in single user mode in Unity Catalog. Did you try this access mode?

"data_security_mode": {

"type": "allowlist",

"values": [

"SINGLE_USER",

"LEGACY_SINGLE_USER",

"LEGACY_SINGLE_USER_STANDARD"

],

"defaultValue": "SINGLE_USER",

"hidden": true

},

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Geir Iversen​ Below cluster policy works for me. BTW access to the file system is allowed in single user mode in Unity Catalog. Did you try this access mode?

"data_security_mode": {

"type": "allowlist",

"values": [

"SINGLE_USER",

"LEGACY_SINGLE_USER",

"LEGACY_SINGLE_USER_STANDARD"

],

"defaultValue": "SINGLE_USER",

"hidden": true

},

grazie
Contributor

changing to SINGLE_USER in the policy allowed us to create clusters, and they didn't have the "NO METASTORE issue".

grazie
Contributor

Now we do have this issue again, starting today. With the SINGLE_USER access mode

grazie
Contributor

...and it works again - no changes made by us

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.