Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load data into Azure SQL Database from Azure Databricks ( restricted table not a whole workspace tables)

Dayaa
New Contributor II

Hi ,

I want to share limited tables in my databricks workspace and users will connect to my databricks through Azure Data factory and will load data into Azure SQL. Is this possible using Delta Sharing? Or any other method or tool?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rishabh264
Honored Contributor II

Hey @Dayananthan Marimuthu​ , they can access tables by creating delta connector Linked service from ​azure data factory , you can use the particular schema with limited tables , and you can use the query for accessing them . But my point is what exactly you want to convey that you have one schema and inside that suppose you have 6 tables and you want to give the access of 4 tables ...is this ?? You want to convey or anything else

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rishabh264
Honored Contributor II

Hey @Dayananthan Marimuthu​ , they can access tables by creating delta connector Linked service from ​azure data factory , you can use the particular schema with limited tables , and you can use the query for accessing them . But my point is what exactly you want to convey that you have one schema and inside that suppose you have 6 tables and you want to give the access of 4 tables ...is this ?? You want to convey or anything else

Dayaa
New Contributor II

Thanks Rishab. Yes correct they need to access only 4 tables instead of 6 tables.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Dayananthan Marimuthu​ 

Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.

Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.

Your feedback will help us ensure that we are providing the best possible service to you.

Thank you!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.