Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Facing issue in the below mentioned code: dbutils.notebook.entry_point.getDbutils().notebook().getContext().tags().get('browserHostName').get() while executing through workflow, but it's totally working fine with workspace.

Prank
New Contributor III

Please do let me know how to resolve this issue?

11 REPLIES 11

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Pranchal Guptaโ€‹, The browserHostName tag is only available when running a notebook in a Databricks workspace and not when executing the notebook as part of a workflow.

The browserHostName tag is set by the Databricks notebook frontend and unavailable in a workflow context.

Prank
New Contributor III

Is that means it couldnโ€™t be possible we can retrieve the instance name with workflow using this method?

Having one more doubt using workflow as well we are using the notebook only so then how is it different scenario?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pranchal Guptaโ€‹ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Prank
New Contributor III

I am having some doubts like using workflow as well we are using the notebook so why we not able to access the hostname how is it different scenario and what other ways possible to get the instance name?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pranchal Guptaโ€‹ 

I'm sorry you could not find a solution to your problem in the answers provided.

Our community strives to provide helpful and accurate information, but sometimes an immediate solution may only be available for some issues.

I suggest providing more information about your problem, such as specific error messages, error logs or details about the steps you have taken. This can help our community members better understand the issue and provide more targeted solutions.

Alternatively, you can consider contacting the support team for your product or service. They may be able to provide additional assistance or escalate the issue to the appropriate section for further investigation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

tessaickx
New Contributor III

I had the same question... 

I found you can achieve the same with spark.conf.get('spark.databricks.workspaceUrl')

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@Prank  why do you want the browser hostname?

Hi @BilalAslamDbrx 
I am not @Prank  but I needed it for calling the serving_endpoints API.

"https://{databricks_host}/api/2.0/serving-endpoints/"

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Ah I see @tessaickx ... did the `spark.conf` solution work for you?

It does work yes.

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Awesome thanks @tessaickx ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.