cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks SQL Option

Carkis7
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

I want you to ask how can I get the SQL option on Databricks, because I am doing the Data Analyst courses and I do not have that option, just Data Engineer and Machine Learning. 

I am connecting through Microsoft Azure..

Waiting for your answer and thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luis Carcaño​ :

To access SQL option on Databricks, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Databricks account and navigate to the workspace.
  2. Click on the "Create" button on the top right corner and select "Workspace" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Create Workspace" dialog box, select "SQL" under "Select a Workspace Type".
  4. Configure the other settings as per your requirements and click on the "Create Workspace" button.

If you are connecting through Microsoft Azure, make sure that you have the appropriate permissions and access to create a SQL workspace in Databricks.

Erik_L
Contributor II

The Databricks Community and Databricks Standard editions do not have the SQL workspace / environment. However, you can run SQL commands from any notebook in Data Engineer. Click the + button, select notebook, and choose "SQL" as your language.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Luis Carcaño​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Hemant
Valued Contributor II

@Luis Carcaño​  You can switch your persona from data science and engineering to SQL, but this is only possible if you have a premium Databricks workspace. To do so, please create a new workspace with a premium tier.

Hemant Soni
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.