Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAT - Security Analysis Tool implementation error

Arnold_Souza
New Contributor III

I want to implement SAT in my workspace account. I was able to execute the terraform that enable the necessary infra to work on that. When I try to execute the workflow "SAT Initializer Notebook (one-time)" it fails with the error:

AnalysisException: [UNRESOLVED_COLUMN.WITHOUT_SUGGESTION] A column or function parameter with the name `workspace_status` cannot be resolved.

Upon further investigation I figured out the problem is located in the notebook '../Utils/accounts_bootstrap' is failing when it tries to fetch API information.

So the global views that are the base of the notebooks are being created as an empty data frame.

Can someone help me figure out a solution to that?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Arnold Souza​ 

If the issue is related to the notebook '../Utils/accounts_bootstrap' failing to fetch API information, then there may be an issue with the credentials or permissions required to access the API.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check if the credentials for accessing the API are set up correctly. Make sure that the API key or other authentication tokens are valid and have the necessary permissions to access the data.
  2. Verify that the API endpoint is correct and that it is reachable from the Databricks environment. You may need to check if there are any firewall rules or network restrictions that are blocking the connection.
  3. Check if the data schema or format of the API response has changed. This could cause the data to be parsed incorrectly or not at all, resulting in an empty dataframe. You may need to review the API documentation or contact the API provider for guidance on this.
  4. Try running the notebook in debug mode to get more information about the error. This may help to identify the specific step where the error is occurring and provide more information about the root cause.

This is resolved by adding the service principle with "Reader" role into the subscription level via Access control (IAM) using Role assignments under your subscription, Access control (IAM) section.

Arun Pamulapati helped me with the problem. Details can be seen in the following link: LINK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Arnold Souza​ 

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions in the future. Thank you for your participation and let us know if you need any further assistance! 

Done! 😃

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.