Warehousing & Analytics
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL workspace option

Dattu
New Contributor

I can't find SQl workspace option in my free community edition. Please anyone let me know the process.

4 REPLIES 4

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The Databricks Community and Databricks Standard editions do not have the SQL workspace / environment. However, you can run SQL commands from any notebook in Data Engineer. Click the + button, select notebook, and choose "SQL" as your language.

pvignesh92
Honored Contributor

@kalluru venkata sai datthu​ Databricks SQL is not supported/available in Community Edition as Databricks SQL will require a SQL endpoint and Unity Catalog which are not available in Community Edition. So if you need to explore, you can use the 14 day trial version with any Cloud Provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @kalluru venkata sai datthu​ 

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions in the future. Thank you for your participation and let us know if you need any further assistance! 

JenniferCarter
New Contributor II

Thanks for the info, I didn't know it.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.