cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying cluster on running a job

Tjadi
New Contributor III

Hi,

Let's say that I am starting jobs with different parameters at a certain time each day in the following manner:

response = requests.post(
"https://%s/api/2.0/jobs/run-now" % (DOMAIN),
headers={"Authorization": "Bearer %s" % TOKEN}, json={
            "job_id": job_id,
            "notebook_params": {
                "country_name": str(country_id),
            }
        })

I was wondering how I could go about specifying a specific cluster size for a run of a workflow? And how do you specify that the cluster should be shared among the tasks in the workflow? This could be interesting when you have one country_id for which a bigger cluster is needed compared to all other countries and other similar use-cases.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Tjadi Peeters​ You can select option Autoscaling/Enhanced Scaling in workflows which will scale based on workload

Tjadi
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply. The autoscaling the functionality I am aware of only scales the amount of workers - or is there another one? I am looking to start jobs with different types of workers (i.e. one of the jobs starts with a m5d.2xlarge while the other has m5d.4xlarge).

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.