Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks extension is not configuring in VScode

arw1070
New Contributor II

I am trying to install and work with the Databricks vscode extensions. I installed it a few weeks ago, and it initially worked, but I mistyped some of the configuration so I tried to restart, since then it has not worked. Whenever I install the extension and select "configure databricks" the pop up window does not appear. I have tried uninstalling and installing the extension and vscode.

3 REPLIES 3

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Anna Wuest​ I have Tried and not seeing any issues, which version of Vs code you are using. can you please try to update to latest Visual Studio Code version 1.77.1 and try to Install databricks plugin version and test .

if you using windows--> please see if if any service is still running as visual studio code in task manager and kill that process and un-install and Install and Repeat config steps that you followed

arw1070
New Contributor II

Hi, thanks for trying. I am in mac and I am using 1.77.1 (I have also tried other versions, like 1.72.1).

New Contributor III

I am having the same issue, and everything is up to date. Also using a macbook, which seems to be the common thread. The extension doesn't read the config file, and it tries to make you create or update the file rather than let you choose from the existing entries. It's not a permissions issue or a location issue, as I gave total access to all users and also hard-coded the default location in the settings as well.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.