cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spark connector to mongodb - mongo-spark-connector_2.12:10.1.1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Iยดve added a library to the cluster and it appears in SPARK UI as Added By User

spark://10.139.64.4:43001/jars/addedFile307892533757162075org_mongodb_spark_mongo_spark_connector_2_12_10_1_1-98946.jarAdded By User

I'm trying to connect using the following SparkSession configuration, but it is not working:

spark = (SparkSession.builder.config('spark.mongodb.input.uri',connectionString).config('spark.jars.packages', 'org.mongodb.spark:mongo-spark-connector_2.12:10.1.1').getOrCreate())

If I uninstall this library and install the previous one the , 2.12:3.0.1, the conection works.

Does anyone can help me with that?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like you are trying to connect to MongoDB using the mongo-spark-connector_2.12:10.1.1 library, but you are facing issues with the connection. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Double-check the connection string: Make sure that the connection string you are using is correct and has the right format. You can verify this by connecting to MongoDB directly using the mongo shell or a MongoDB client.
  2. Check the Spark logs: Look for any error messages in the Spark logs. This might give you some clues about the issue. You can access the logs from the Spark UI or by running the following command:
$SPARK_HOME/bin/spark-submit --class org.apache.spark.examples.SparkPi --master yarn --deploy-mode client --driver-memory 4g --executor-memory 2g --executor-cores 1 --num-executors 2 --conf spark.eventLog.enabled=true --conf spark.eventLog.dir=hdfs:///spark-history --conf spark.history.fs.logDirectory=hdfs:///spark-history --jars /path/to/mongo-spark-connector_2.12-10.1.1.jar /path/to/your/application.jar

3) Try a different version of the library: If the above two steps don't work, you can try using a different version of the mongo-spark-connector library. You can find the list of available versions here: https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.mongodb.spark/mongo-spark-connector_2.12

4) Check compatibility with MongoDB server version: Make sure that the version of mongo-spark-connector library you are using is compatible with the version of MongoDB server you are using. You can check the compatibility matrix here: https://docs.mongodb.com/spark-connector/master/#compatibility-matrix

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue.

silvadev
New Contributor III

In version 10.x of MongoDB Spark Connector some configuration options have changed.

Now you have to pass spark.mongodb.read.connection.uri instead of spark.mongodb.input.uri.

Checkout the new other options in Read Configuration Options โ€” MongoDB Spark Connector.

DmytroSokhach
New Contributor II

I face similar problem with anything above org.mongodb.spark:mongo-spark-connector_2.12:3.0.1
So version 10+ of org.mongodb.spark:mongo-spark-connector_2.12 from https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.mongodb.spark/mongo-spark-connector_2.12 are not working with Databricks 12.2 LTS ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

org.apache.spark.SparkClassNotFoundException: [DATA_SOURCE_NOT_FOUND] Failed to find data source: mongo. Please find packages at `https://spark.apache.org/third-party-projects.html`.

Is there anything that should be done additionally to installing it into Library? Maybe some additional cluster option?

FurqanAmin
New Contributor II

@DmytroSokhach  I think it works if you change mongo to mongodb in the options. and use spark.mongodb.read.connection.uri instead of spark.mongodb.input.uri as @silvadev suggested.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.