cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Apache Spark™ Programming with Databricks course

Vsleg
Contributor

Hello,

I found an issue with the Apache Spark™ Programming with Databricks courses on Databricks Academy when trying to do the labs.

The mount that the courses use for training data is failing with what looks to me like an authentication issue (see screenshot below). Has anyone come across this and found a fix?

Kind regards,

Vincent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vsleg
Contributor

I found the course Git Repo at (https://github.com/databricks-academy/apache-spark-programming-with-databricks-english), this works so using that instead of the 'apache-spark-programming-with-databricks.dbc' file available in the learning portal. #DAIS2023

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Vsleg
Contributor

I found the course Git Repo at (https://github.com/databricks-academy/apache-spark-programming-with-databricks-english), this works so using that instead of the 'apache-spark-programming-with-databricks.dbc' file available in the learning portal. #DAIS2023

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vincent Slegers​ :

To qualify, I request you to answer questions which have been asked by others 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vincent Slegers​ : I am trying to get in touch with you, could you provide me your email address please.

Hello, ok I understand that but nobody else answered the question so it's still the best answer..You can find my email under my profile.

ackerman_chris
New Contributor III

Apparently Databricks has moved this repo off of Github and refers to the message below. I am getting the same error as the original poster mentioned above and I cannot find any updated material to follow along with the course.

Does anyone out there know if there is an updated file that hasn't been shared yet? I marked the course as Outdated, not sure how fast they will fix this but it's kind of frustrating as I'm currently studying for the Spark Developer Cert and want to follow along in the material.

The courseware materials for this course are no longer available through GitHub.

To access the current body of courseware, please sign in to Databricks Academy using one of the following three options:

• Customer Academy
  • Partner Academy
  • Employee Academy
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.