Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks CLI v0.17.6 issue

k9
New Contributor II

I do have multiple groups created in my databricks account and I have databricks cli installed on my mac. Some of the cli functions return errors that i cannot find solution for.

databricks groups list

Returns:

Error: b'{"error_code":"INTERNAL_ERROR","message":"Unexpected error: java.lang.RuntimeException: `forAccount` not implemented."}'

Version of java on my mac is 11.0.18:

java -version

Returns:

openjdk version "11.0.18" 2023-01-17 LTS

OpenJDK Runtime Environment Corretto-11.0.18.10.1 (build 11.0.18+10-LTS)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Corretto-11.0.18.10.1 (build 11.0.18+10-LTS, mixed mode)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@kenan hasanov​ which version python you have installed on your machine please, you need to have 3-3.6 or 2-2.7.9 above , please try to go with latest one as you are only seeing issues with few functions. please raise issue in case if you are still facing ( as this in experimental state) https://github.com/databricks/databricks-cli/issues

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI @kenan hasanov​, Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue with Databricks CLI v0.17.6 on your Mac. I understand you're receiving an error when listing the groups using the CLI.

The error you're encountering ("Unexpected error: java.lang.RuntimeException:’ forAccount’ not implemented.") is likely related to a bug in the Databricks CLI version you're using.

Here are a few steps you can take to resolve this issue:

1. Update the Databricks CLI: Ensure you have the latest version of the Databricks CLI installed. You can update it using the following command:

pip install --upgrade databricks-cli

After updating the CLI, try rerunning the command to see if the issue is resolved.

• Check your Databricks CLI configuration: Ensure your Databricks CLI is correctly configured with the appropriate workspace URL, token, or profile. You can configure the CLI using the following command:

databricks configure --token

• You'll be prompted to enter your Databricks instance's URL and a personal access token. Make sure to use the correct information for your account.

If neither of these steps resolves the issue, please provide us with additional information, such as the output of the databricks --version command and any other relevant error messages or logs so that we can investigate further.

k9
New Contributor II

All the mentioned steps have been done already and cli version is written in the topic. As i also mentioned it is only some functions are returning the above error , while other functions work fine.

Can you elaborate on what exact information you require from me to help with the above error?

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@kenan hasanov​ which version python you have installed on your machine please, you need to have 3-3.6 or 2-2.7.9 above , please try to go with latest one as you are only seeing issues with few functions. please raise issue in case if you are still facing ( as this in experimental state) https://github.com/databricks/databricks-cli/issues

k9
New Contributor II

Hi @karthick_p,

I was using python v3.10. Once i have switched to older version of python (3.7.13) the issue is resolved. Thanks for the heads up.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.