Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll back to previous version of an AutoLoader checkpoint file

DomDuf
New Contributor II

I know to "reset" AutoLoader, you can delete the checkpoint file entirely. I was wondering if it's possible to and how would someone :

• Get the checkpoint file to a previous version so I can reload certain files that were already processed
  • Delete certain rows in the checkpoint file (by creation date for example)

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Murthy1
Contributor II

Hello @Dominic Dufour​ ,

I had the same question and Unfortunately it is not possible yet.

However you can delete the checkpoint file and use the Autoloader option - "modifiedAfter" to pick up the files after a specific time. This is a one time activity as the checkpoint will be created again to continue for the future loads. You can remove the "modifiedAfter" once your data loads are back on track.

The other work around I can think of is a bit intensive one, You can have some scheduled jobs to copy the checkpoint files to a different location frequently (with date time markers- probably in the folder name). You can restore the checkpoint files from that location when you want to reset Autoloader.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Murthy1
Contributor II

Hello @Dominic Dufour​ ,

I had the same question and Unfortunately it is not possible yet.

However you can delete the checkpoint file and use the Autoloader option - "modifiedAfter" to pick up the files after a specific time. This is a one time activity as the checkpoint will be created again to continue for the future loads. You can remove the "modifiedAfter" once your data loads are back on track.

The other work around I can think of is a bit intensive one, You can have some scheduled jobs to copy the checkpoint files to a different location frequently (with date time markers- probably in the folder name). You can restore the checkpoint files from that location when you want to reset Autoloader.

DomDuf
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick answer, this was really helpful !

MRTN
New Contributor III

This would for sure be a useful feature.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.