Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to DB2-AS400?

Aj2
New Contributor III

What are the steps needed to connect to a DB2-AS400 source to pull data to lake using Databricks? I believe it requires establishing a jdbc connection, but I couldnot find much details online

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Ajay Menon​ - This could be a two step process. If you are on Azure, we can retrieve the data from DB2 into a ADLS location by writing a function app using ADF. Use Autoloader to ingest the files from ADLS with CDC to a bronze delta table and follow the medallion architecture.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DrK
New Contributor III

I`d start by loking what options you have for a DB2 library (probs JDBC) for python. Start here https://pypi.org/project/ibm-db/

DrK
New Contributor III

Just thinking about it, your DB2 is probably on prem. In which case you`d have to have network connectivity directly between databricks and your on-premise servers, which probably doesn`t exist. In which case, you`ll probably have to start looking at a different way of data ingress (i.e. a cloud data orchestator with an on-prem connector like AF). Without knowing what your architecture\tech stack looks like it`s difficult to say.

shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Ajay Menon​ - This could be a two step process. If you are on Azure, we can retrieve the data from DB2 into a ADLS location by writing a function app using ADF. Use Autoloader to ingest the files from ADLS with CDC to a bronze delta table and follow the medallion architecture.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Ajay Menon​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.