Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to change SQL editor / schema browser defalut catalog / database

alxsbn
New Contributor III

On SQL editor / schema browser Is there a way to change the default catalog / database ? My mine always fixed on my unity catalog. 

4 REPLIES 4

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Alexis Blandinโ€‹ what catalog is showing as default to you, as UC itself is for governance you will be seeing only those catalog's that you have been assigned with. if you are admin you will see all catalog's in schema browser in data under SQL. can you please share screen shot what changes you want to make

alxsbn
New Contributor III

Sure, this is what i have now.

image.png

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, From the dropdown you can get the data objects.

https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/queries/queries.html#browse-data-objects-in-sql-editor

Please let us know if this helps. Also, please tag @Debayanโ€‹ with your next comment so that I will get notified. Thank you!

alxsbn
New Contributor III

Hi,

Of course I can select objects with the dropdowns.

But to give you an idea of the experience. My users say me it's pretty annoying that every time they go to the SQL editor they need to change the catalog to our gold one, then our core database (which is our data warehouse database).

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.