Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the SFTP ingest doesn't work?

eyalo
New Contributor II

Hi, I did the following code but it seems like the cluster is running for a long period of time and then stops without any results.

Attached my following code: (I used 'com.springml.spark.sftp' library and install it as Maven)

Also i whitelisted my local machine's IP on the SFTP server. Pherhaps there is another whitlisting to do in case the databricks engine running on different IP?

Appriciate any help here, Even an alternative solution.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please update the error here?

Please tag @Debayan​ with your next comment so that I will get notified. Thank you!

eyalo
New Contributor II

Hi @Debayan Mukherjee​ , thanks for your reply.

After restarting my cluster i got the following error: 'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/Product$class'

As i understand, It seeme like it doesn't recognize my class even-though i installed it to my cluster's libraries:

com.springml:spark-sftp_2.10:1.0.2

com.springml:spark-sftp_2.11:1.1.3

image.png 

Do you know what could be the reason?

FYI - I did it based on this documentation: https://github.com/springml/spark-sftp

eyalo
New Contributor II

@Debayan Mukherjee​ Hi, I don't know if you got my reply so i am bouncing my message to you again.

Thanks.

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Sorry for the delay! I think the issue can surface due to various reasons. We can investigate the whole cluster and triage on this. Could you please raise a supportcase with us so that we can continue the investigation?

Thanks again!

eyalo
New Contributor II

Hi @Debayan Mukherjee​ , Certainly. After i checked it seems like the library com.springml:spark-sftp_2.11:1.1.3 doesn't support my cluster's runtime version (11.3 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.3.0, Scala 2.12) but i coun't upgdate newer version for this library so perhaps that's why it didn't work.

Either way, I will raise a ticket. thanks!

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

@Eyal Ozeri​ . DBR version can be the issue here. Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.