Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Attachment on an Alert

CoopCoop
New Contributor III

Currently my Alert is an HTML table using data pointing to an SQL query.

I was wondering if it is possible to attach the resulting table from this SQL query as a PDF to the alert email.

If anyone has successfully implemented this, please let me know! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CoopCoop
New Contributor III

@Atanu Sarkar​, yes, you are correct. If the SQL query results are too large, it doesn't fit in the email or PDF export.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @Cooper Chung​  are you looking for something like this - https://docs.databricks.com/sql/user/dashboards/index.html#dashboard-snapshot-subscriptions ?

CoopCoop
New Contributor III

Hi @Atanu Sarkar​, I've tried using dashboards before and the export as PDF function, but got some less than desirable results. My SQL query has 11 columns, and may contain information as long as a paragraph (user input).

This works as an HTML table in an Alert since cell sizes are dynamically resized based on its contents (That way all the data is shown and fits on screen).

However, this feature does not apply to the dashboard so a good portion of the table gets cut off in both the email subscription/snapshot, and the resulting exported PDF. Please see attached screenshots - 1 shows the email subscription/snapshot being cut off, and 2 shows the PDF export being cut off.

CoopCoop
New Contributor III

Attaching 2nd screenshot here because I can't upload more than 1 file per reply

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok understood the concern, so basically the issue is with PDF rendering as much I understood. Let me know if I am wrong. Let me see if there is any improvement by our engineering team on this front.

Atanu
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Cooper Chung​ 

CoopCoop
New Contributor III

@Atanu Sarkar​, yes, you are correct. If the SQL query results are too large, it doesn't fit in the email or PDF export.

Thank you!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.