cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLT current channel uses same runtime as the preview channel

miiaramo
New Contributor II

Hi,

According to the latest release notes, the current channel of DLT should be using Databricks runtime 11.3 and the preview channel should be using 12.2.

The current channel was using correct runtime version 11.3 still yesterday morning, but since today both channels seem to be using Databricks runtime 12.2. This is causing our pipelines to fail as 12.2 has an issue with the input_file_name() function.

I wonder if this issue has been noticed already? When can we expect a fix for this?

Latest release notes: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/databricks/release-notes/delta-live-tables/2023/17/

2 REPLIES 2

miiaramo
New Contributor II

The issue resolved itself before our morning runs on Saturday 20th of May but I am still curious to hear what happened.

adriennn
New Contributor III

I'm seeing the same issue with 12 current / 13 preview. Updating the channel didn't bump the runtime version and even creating a pipeline with the preview channel uses the current version.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.