Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Azure Credential Passthrough

AlexWeh
New Contributor II

At the moment, Azure Databricks has the feature to use AzureAD login for the workspace and create single user clusters with Azure Data Lake Storage credential passthrough. But this can only be used for Data Lake Storage.

Is there already a way, or are there plans to open this up for general Azure AD credential passthrough? Are the credentials/token safe or accessible from within Spark?

We would really like to use the user credentials to make REST calls (e.g. to Azure Functions) or to authenticate against databases.

1 REPLY 1

polivbr
New Contributor II

I have exactly the same issue. I have the need to call a protected API within a notebook but have no access to the current user's access token. I've had to resort to nasty workarounds involving installing and running the Azure CLI from within the notebook environment.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.