Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Live Table tables in Data Tab

KKo
Contributor III

If I use this code (CREATE STREAMING LIVE TABLE Employee) in dlt pipeline, where does the Employee table gets created by default, if no storage location is specified? How can I create this table in Data tab within a database (a.k.a: Schema) lets say dim so that I can use it for reporting or any other purpose? Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kris Koirala​ :

When you create a streaming live table in Databricks Delta Lake using the code CREATE STREAMING LIVE TABLE Employee, the table is created in the default database called default. If no storage location is specified, the table is stored in the default Delta Lake file system associated with your Databricks workspace. To create the table in a specific database (schema) such as dim, you can use the following syntax:

CREATE STREAMING LIVE TABLE dim.Employee

This statement creates the Employee table within the dim database. The table will be available in the Data tab of your Databricks workspace under the specified database. You can then use this table for reporting or any other purposes within your Databricks environment.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.