Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for ConnectException error: This is often caused by an OOM error that causes the connection to the Python REPL to be closed. Check your query's memory usage.

Satty
New Contributor

When ever I am trying to run and load multiple files in single dataframe for processing (overall file size is more than 15 gb in single dataframe at the end of the loop, my code is crashing everytime with the below error...

ConnectException error: This is often caused by an OOM error that causes the connection to the Python REPL to be closed. Check your query's memory usage.

Please help me to fix it. Below is my code

df2= pd.DataFrame()

for i in range(0, k):

df1= pd.DataFrame()

for j in pd.date_range(start_date, periods=5):

print(i, start_date)

path = r'/dbfs/mnt/xxxx/***/Ixxxx/***/'

path1 = os.path.join(path,'XXXX_'+ start_date +'.csv')

if os.path.isfile(path1):

df= pd.read_csv(path1, low_memory=False)

df= df.drop(['Var1', 'Var2', 'Var3'], axis=1)

df= df.drop_duplicates(keep='first')

df.reset_index(drop=True, inplace=True)

df.set_index('VmsNo', inplace=True)

df1= df1.append(df)

start_date = (pd.Timestamp(start_date)- pd.DateOffset(days=1)).strftime('%Y%m%d')

df2= df2.append(df1)        

1 REPLY 1

pvignesh92
Honored Contributor

@Satish Agarwal​ It seems your system memory is not sufficient to load the 15GB file. I believe you are using Python Pandas data frame for loading 15GB file and not using Spark. Is there any particular reason that you cannot use Spark for this.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.