Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

by New Contributor III
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

bamboolib not working correctly

I'm trying to use bamboolib on the 11.0 recommended DBR. I am using the option "Databricks: Load database table" The databases and tables that are on the unity catalog do not populate the dropdown boxes. How can I fix this?

• 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Vidula
Honored Contributor
  • 2 kudos

Hello @k.b.​ Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. We'd love to hear from you.Thanks!

• 2 kudos
7 More Replies
ReyCMFG
by New Contributor II
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos

Can you use Managed Identities in databricks besides Unity Catalog

We are looking to send messages using databricks to an azure service bus topic and would like to connect to the service bus using a managed identity vs a connection string. Is this possible in databricks. The only thing I could find regarding datab...

• 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
Latest Reply
Yetii
Visitor
  • 4 kudos

To be honest, the Databricks team sucks. They should add a simple Identity tab under the Databricks workspace resource as it is done for other Microsoft services. They don't think about making product easier to maintain and configure, they look from ...

• 4 kudos
9 More Replies
udittyagi1994
by New Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unity Catalog - Databricks

I have a unity catalog which is binded to multiple workspaces (Attached to Metastore), In both workspaces I have created different tables under this catalog will the Metastore admin will have access to these tables and data in those tables in differe...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
udittyagi1994
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Unity Catalog acts as a single point of access for managing data across Databricks workspaces, which means with unity catalog a Metastore admin can manage the access permissions on the Data which comes under Unity catalog umbrella.Data inside differe...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Cami
by Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Privileges for SHOW GROUPS WITH USER '***@***'

Hello Briksters, i am looking for a giving a grand to developer being able execute with SHOW GROUPS WITH USER '***@***' without admin permission on UC.Could you give any tips to do it? UC Admin is able to see result query, but developer is not. 

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
ossinova
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fine grained control of volumes

Is it possible to provide fine grained control (folder level/file level) for a given volume?I have two SCIM integrated groups who have read volume access at the catalog level, but those two groups need different permissions on a lower level. Preferab...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
rkalluri-apex
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Can you define the external location at the Landing level and create two Volumes one for PDF and other for CSV and provide access to the respective groups 1 and 2.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Christine
by Contributor
  • 12 replies
  • 15 kudos

Resolved! Cannot use RDD and cannot set "spark.databricks.pyspark.enablePy4JSecurity false" for cluster

I have been using "rdd.flatMap(lambda x:x)" for a while to create lists from columns however after I have changed the cluster to a Shared acess mode (to use unity catalog) I get the following error: py4j.security.Py4JSecurityException: Method public ...

• 12 replies
  • 15 kudos
Latest Reply
KandyKad
New Contributor II
  • 15 kudos

Faced this issue multiple times.Solution:1. Don't use Shared Cluster or cluster without Unity Catalog enabled for running 'rdd' queries on Databricks.2. Instead create a Personal Cluster (Single User) with basic configuration and with Unity Catalog e...

• 15 kudos
11 More Replies
Hubert-Dudek
by Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sql to Excel

All data finish in Excel, but do it with some dignity. Official #databricks dbsqlcli allows it to be done in the old-style mysqldump way.https://docs.databricks.com/en/dev-tools/databricks-sql-cli.html

sql.png
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jose_gonzalez
  • 1 kudos

Thank you for sharing this @Hubert-Dudek 

• 1 kudos
databriccone
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

unity catalog guidelines for internal/external tables and multiple workspaces

We're setting up from scratch the Unity Catalog in our infrastructure in Azure, that is both- multi region ( europe, us)- multi env (dev, qa, prod)So, we did setup 2 metastore, one for each region, one in west europe and one for south central us.So f...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @databriccone, Setting up Unity Catalog in your Azure infrastructure is a crucial step for better data governance and operational efficiency. Let’s address your questions: Naming Conventions: For naming conventions, consider adding a suffix li...

• 0 kudos
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Integrating Unity Catalog ML Models into Data Lineage

I saw a really nice article (https://www.databricks.com/blog/announcing-public-preview-volumes-databricks-unity-catalog) on the incorporation of various elements of data lineage within Unity Catalog. In my own exploration, I've been able to replicate...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @23940829381, Thank you for sharing your interest in data lineage within Unity Catalog! It’s a powerful feature that allows you to track the flow of data across various elements in your Databricks environment. Let’s delve into this further: Un...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
dejans
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can AAD group membership be used as object Owner in UC to edit object description?

I wanted to set description of a schema in Unity Catalog.Description was greyed out and on pencil icon I got: "Requires Ownership of SCHEMA 'xxxxx'."Owner is set to the Azure Active Directory group that I am member of.I was able to change the owner t...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
alexcary83
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

AAD group membership cannot be used as the object owner in UC to edit object description directly. Object ownership typically refers to individual user accounts, not group memberships, in most systems.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
WWoman
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Direct access to Databricks query history database

Hello,I would like to know if there is direct access to the Databricks query history tables. For compliance issues, I would like to be able to create reports  for something like: who has accessed a particular column in a table in the past 6 months. T...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @WWoman, To address your compliance requirements and track who has accessed specific columns in a table over the past 6 months, you can follow these steps: Databricks Table Access Control (TAC): Databricks provides an audit and control feature ...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
NadithK
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing ADLS Gen 2 path (metastore root) in Unity Catalog Metastore

In my organization, we are using Databricks unity catalog and we have a metastore created for our region which holds all of our workspaces. When we created the metastore last year, we set a metastore root location for it (If I remember correctly, met...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Wojciech_BUK
Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hello,What I did was that I isolated Root Storage from Workspaces (you can't reach storage from Network Perspective and Authentication Perspective) - it is ugly but it works.What you could try is to do that via API (like update metastore to NULL stor...

• 0 kudos
BobBubble2000
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Who or what is System user?

I noticed in the Catalog Explorer of an Unity Catalog integrated workspace that there is a default catalog named 'system' owned by 'System user'. Who is this system user? It is not listed in the admin dashboard of all workspace users. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @BobBubble2000, The ‘System user’ in the context of Unity Catalog within an Azure Databricks workspace plays a crucial role in managing data governance and access control.    Unity Catalog: Unity Catalog is a fine-grained governance solution for d...

• 0 kudos