Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

tomos_phillips1
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

GeoPandas Insall

hi,I cannot install geopandas in my notebook, ive tried all different forms of generic fix, pip installs etc but always get this error:CalledProcessError: Command 'pip --disable-pip-version-check install geopandas' returned non-zero exit status 1.---...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
vbvasa
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

@tomos_phillips1 @shan_chandra Got the below init script from Databricks Support. Worked for us in Databricks AWS Env.dbutils.fs.put("/databricks/scripts/libinstall.sh","""#!/bin/bashsudo rm -r /var/lib/apt/lists/* sudo apt clean && sudo apt update -...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
hugodscarvalho
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Private PyPI Mirror Package Dependencies Installation

I'm encountering an issue with the installation of Python packages from a Private PyPI mirror, specifically when the package contains dependencies and the installation is on Databricks clusters - Cluster libraries | Databricks on AWS. Initially, ever...

Community Discussions
Artifactory
Databricks clusters
Dependency resolution
Installation issues
Private PyPI mirror
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Kushal12345
by New Contributor III
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

DataBricks Certification Exam Got Suspended. Require support for the same.

Hello Team, I encountered Pathetic experience while attempting my 1st DataBricks certification. Abruptly, Proctor asked me to show my desk, after showing he/she asked multiple times.. wasted my time and then suspended my exam, saying I have exceeded ...

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Cert-Team
Honored Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

@Sakshii Thank you for logging a ticket with the support team. All suspensions must go through the support team for resolution, and they will get back to you. Please make sure to check your spam folder for their response. Thanks for your patience wit...

• 1 kudos
10 More Replies
dataVaughan
by New Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notebook Dashboard to html to pdf issues

I have created a dashboard using the notebook dashboard interface, rather than the SQL warehouse dashboards. This means that the tables and visualizations on the dashboard, as well as the dashboard itself, are directly tied to a notebook and the outp...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@dataVaughan  - you can use the Lakeview dashboard which can provide an URL that is shareable outside of the Databricks workspace.  https://www.databricks.com/blog/announcing-public-preview-lakeview-dashboards In your current scenario, you can clone ...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
sai_sathya
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

fetching metadata for tables in a database stored in unity catalogue

Hi everyoneiam trying to fetch the metadata of every columns from an table and every tables from the database under an catalogue for that iam trying to use the samples catalogue that provided by databricks and get details for tpch database that provi...

sai_sathya_0-1713277488517.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@sai_sathya  - you can use DESCRIBE EXTENDED command to get the metadata of the given table. Also, you can query the information_schema.columns within your UC catalog to check the column details of a given table.

• 0 kudos
Ruby8376
by Valued Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks sql API <- Delta tables

We have an integration flow where we want to expose databricks data for querying through odata(webapp). For this piecedatabricks sql API <- Delta tables :2 questions here:1. can you share link/documentation on how we can integrate databricks <-delta ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Ruby8376 - can you please review the similar posts where the resolution is provided  https://community.databricks.com/t5/warehousing-analytics/databricks-sql-restful-api-to-query-delta-table/td-p/8617 https://www.databricks.com/blog/2023/03/07/da...

• 0 kudos
UdayPatel
by New Contributor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can't run .py file using workflows anymore

Dear all,Greetings!I have been trying to run a workflow job which runs successfully when a task is created using a Notebook file from a folder present in the Workspace but when the same task's type is changed to python script and a .py file is select...

Community Discussions
Workflow error
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
UdayPatel
New Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Hi,Have found the solution. It was due to following option being enabled under the Feature Enablement tab under  Databricks_Account_Console -- > Settings.  Thank you for all your help and the try!Regards,Uday

• 1 kudos
4 More Replies
databricksdev
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we customize job run name when running azure data bricks notebook jobs from azure data factory

Hi All,we are executing databricks notebook activity  inside the child pipeline thru ADF. we are getting child pipeline name in job name while executing databricks job.  Is it possible to get master pipeline name as job name or customize job name thr...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Rajani
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi @databricksdev  i dont think we can change the job name.

• 0 kudos
Mustafa_Kamal
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parameterizing DLT Pipelines

Hi Everyone,I have DLTP pipeline which I need to execute for difference source systems. Need advise on how to parametrize this.I have gone through many articles on the web, but it seems there is no accurate information available.Can anyone please hel...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Mustafa_Kamal
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Thank you @AmanSehgal ,I have done that and was able to execute the pipeline successfully. Bu t I need to change the parameter value at run time, so that the same pipeline can be used for multiple sources.Can we pass parameters from Job to DLT Pipeli...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
databrciks
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Databrciks: failure logs

Hello Team,I am new to Databrciks. Generally where all the logs will be stored in Databricks. I see if any job fails below the command i could see some error messages.Otherwise in real time how to check the log files/error messages in Databricks UI.T...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
databrciks
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Thanks for the response. This helped.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
jensen22
by Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Cannot create delta location with mount path

Hi all,I'm trying to create a Table but cannot use a predifined mount path like '/mnt/silver/' but if i use a full path of azure blob container it will create susscessfully like this:`CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS nhan_databricks.f1_processed.circuits (...

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
jensen22
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Oh thanks for you answer, actually I'm using Unity Catalog

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Hetnon
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't Create a Workspace using Google Cloud

Trying to create my first workspace. I hit create my space and I see 3 buckets being created on my GCP, but nothing shows up in the actual 'workspaces' in my databricks console. the only thing is the  'create workspace' button' also, there is no erro...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Hetnon, Creating a Databricks workspace can indeed be a bit tricky at times, but let’s troubleshoot this together! Here are some steps you can take to address the issue: Check Resource Provider Registration: Ensure that the Microsoft.Databri...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Ramakrishnan83
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Renaming the database Name in Databricks

Team,Initially our team created the databases with the environment name appended. Ex: cust_dev, cust_qa, cust_prod.I am looking to standardize the database name as consistent name across environments. I want to rename to "cust". All of my tables are ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hey there! Thanks a bunch for being part of our awesome community!  We love having you around and appreciate all your questions. Take a moment to check out the responses – you'll find some great info. Your input is valuable, so pick the best solution...

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies