Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Aidonis
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Flatten Deep Nested Struct

Hi All,I have a deeply nested spark dataframe struct something similar to below |-- id: integer (nullable = true) |-- lower: struct (nullable = true) | |-- field_a: integer (nullable = true) | |-- upper: struct (containsNull = true) | | ...

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
Latest Reply
Praveen-bpk21
  • 2 kudos

@Aidonis You can try this as well:flatten-spark-dataframe · PyPIThis also allows for specific level of flattening.

• 2 kudos
2 More Replies
SPres
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Passing Parameters from Azure Synapse

Hey Community!Just curious if anyone has tried using Azure Synapse for orchestration and passing parameters from Synapse to a Databricks Notebook. My team is testing out Databricks, and I'm replacing Synapse Notebooks with Databricks Notebooks, but I...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @SPres You can definitely pass these parameters to databricks notebook also.Please refer below docs - Run a Databricks Notebook with the activity - Azure Data Factory | Microsoft Learn

• 0 kudos
Chengzhu
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Model Registry Notification

Hi community,Currently, I am training models on databricks cluster and use mlflow to log and register models. My goal is to send notification to me when a new version of registered model happens (if the new run achieves some model performance baselin...

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 1.14.11 PM.png Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 1.13.14 PM.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
dilkushpatel
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks connecting SQL Azure DW - Confused between Polybase and Copy Into

I see two articles on databricks documentationshttps://docs.databricks.com/en/archive/azure/synapse-polybase.html#language-pythonhttps://docs.databricks.com/en/connect/external-systems/synapse-analytics.html#service-principal Polybase one is legacy o...

Data Engineering
azure
Copy
help
Polybase
Synapse
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @dilkushpatel, Thank you for sharing your confusion regarding PolyBase and the COPY INTO command in Databricks when working with Azure Synapse.  PolyBase (Legacy): PolyBase was previously used for data loading and unloading operations in Azure...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
Abhi0607
by Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Variables passed from ADF to Databricks Notebook Try-Catch are not accessible

Dear Members,I need your help in below scenario.I am passing few parameters from ADF pipeline to Databricks notebook.If I execute ADF pipeline to run my databricks notebook and use these variables as is in my code (python) then it works fine.But as s...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Abhi0607  Can you please help me to find if you are taking or defining these parameter value outside try catch or inside it ?

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
fuselessmatt
by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Accidentally removing the service principal that owns the view seems to put the Unity Catalog in an illegal state. Can you fix this?

I renamed our service principal in Terraform, which forces a replacement where the old service principal is removed and a new principal with the same permission is recreated. The Terraform succeeds to apply, but when I try to run dbt that creates tab...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
fuselessmatt
Contributor
  • 1 kudos

This is also true for removing groups before unassigning them (removing and unassigning in Terraform)│ Error: cannot update grants: Could not find principal with name <My Group Name>

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
data-grassroots
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ingesting Files - Same file name, modified content

We have a data feed with files whose filenames stays the same but the contents change over time (brand_a.csv, brand_b.csv, brand_c.csv ....).Copy Into seems to ignore the files when they change.If we set the Force flag to true and run it, we end up w...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
data-grassroots
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

That's the question, short of treating the initial copy into as a temp table and executing a merge statement after it into another table where we can do the add, update type operations is there another option - with COPY INTO or AUTOLOADER or DLT - t...

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
my_super_name
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Loader Schema Hint Behavior: Addressing Nested Field Errors

Hello,I'm using the auto loader to stream a table of data and have added schema hints to specify field values.I've observed that when my initial data file is missing fields specified in the schema hint,the auto loader correctly identifies this and ad...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @my_super_name,  Default Schema Inference: By default, Auto Loader schema inference aims to avoid schema evolution issues due to type mismatches. For formats like JSON, CSV, and XML that don’t encode data types explicitly, Auto Loader infers a...

• 0 kudos
manish1987c
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

calculate the number of parallel tasks that can be executed in a Databricks PySpark cluster

I want to confirm if this understanding is correct ???To calculate the number of parallel tasks that can be executed in a Databricks PySpark cluster with the given configuration, we need to consider the number of executors that can run on each node a...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @manish1987c, Your understanding is almost correct!  Node Configuration: You have 10 nodes in your Databricks PySpark cluster.Each node has 16 CPU cores and 64 GB RAM. Executor Size: Each executor requires 5 CPU cores and 20 GB RAM.Additional...

• 0 kudos
Jennifer
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Optimization failed for timestampNtz

We have a table using timestampNtz type for timestamp, which is also a cluster key for this table using liquid clustering. I ran OPTIMIZE <table-name>, it failed with errorUnsupported datatype 'TimestampNTZType' But the failed optmization also broke ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Jennifer,  Since TimestampNTZType is not currently supported for optimization, you can try a workaround by converting the timestamp column to a different data type before running the OPTIMIZE command.For example, you could convert the timestampNt...

• 0 kudos
vpacik
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks-connect OpenSSL Handshake failed on WSL2

When trying to setup databricks-connect on WSL2 using 13.3 cluster, I receive the following error regarding OpenSSL CERTIFICATE_ERIFY_FAILED.The authentication is done via SPARK_REMOTE env. variable. E0415 11:24:26.646129568 142172 ssl_transport_sec...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @jp_allard,  One approach to resolve this is to disable SSL certificate verification. However, keep in mind that this approach may compromise security.In your Databricks configuration file (usually located at ~/.databrickscfg), add the following l...

• 0 kudos
pernilak
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Working with Unity Catalog from VSCode using the Databricks Extension

Hi!As suggested by Databricks, we are working with Databricks from VSCode using Databricks bundles for our deployment and using the VSCode Databricks Extension and Databricks Connect during development.However, there are some limitations that we are ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @pernilak, It’s great that you’re using Databricks with Visual Studio Code (VSCode) for your development workflow! Let’s address the limitations you’ve encountered when working with files from Unity Catalog using native Python. When running Python...

• 0 kudos
jp_allard
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Selective Overwrite to a Unity Catalog Table

I have been able to perform a selective overwrite using replace Where to a hive_metastore table, but when I use the same code for the same table in a unity catalog, no data is written.Has anyone else had this issue or is there common mistakes that ar...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @jp_allard ,  The Unity Catalog is a newer feature in Databricks, designed to replace the traditional Hive Metastore.When transitioning from Hive Metastore to Unity Catalog, there might be differences in behavior due to underlying architectural ch...

• 0 kudos
SG
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Customize job run name when running jobs from adf

Hi guys, i am running my Databricks jobs on a cluster job from azure datafactory using a databricks Python activity When I monitor my jobs in workflow-> job runs . I see that the run name is a concatenation of adf pipeline name , Databricks python ac...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
databricksdev
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

Hi Hamza,did u got any solution for this issueThanks 

• 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors