Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

liormayn
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSError: [Errno 78] Remote address changed

Hello:)as part of deploying an app that previously ran directly on emr to databricks, we are running experiments using LTS 9.1, and getting the following error: PythonException: An exception was thrown from a UDF: 'pyspark.serializers.SerializationEr...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
k2
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

log delivery are not creating data in s3 bucket

Hiii, Does anyone have an idea about the typical duration for Databricks to create logs in an S3 bucket using the databricks_mws_log_delivery Terraform resource? I've implemented the code provided in the Databricks official documentation, but I've be...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
anonymous_567
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autoloader update table when new changes are made

Hello,Everyday a new file of the same name gets sent to my storage account with old and new data appended at the end.  Columns may also be added during one of these file updates. This file does a complete overwrite of the previous file. Is it possibl...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
data-grassroots
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

This may be helpful - the bit on allow overwritehttps://docs.databricks.com/en/ingestion/auto-loader/faq.html

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Miguel_Grafana
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Azure Oauth Passthrough with the Go Driver

Can anyone point me towards some resources for achieving this? I already have the token.Trying with: dbsql.WithAccessToken(settings.Token)But I'm getting the following error:Unable to load OAuth Config: request error after 1 attempt(s): unexpected HT...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Alexandru
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! vscode python project for development

Hi,I'm trying to set up a local development environment using python / vscode / poetry. Also, linting is enabled (Microsoft pylance extension) and the python.analysis.typeCheckingMode is set to strict.We are using python files for our code (.py) whit...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hi Alexandru, Take a look at VSCode extension for Databricks : https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=databricks.databricks 

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Archana_Mathan
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Maintaining Order Consistency: Table Creation in Databricks SQL vs. DLT Pipeline

I have a CTE table with the below names as values. My objective is to create another table by concatenating all the rows from the CTE table in ascending order, resulting in the final output sequence: "Abi, Rahul, ram, Siva". When executing the query ...

Archana_Mathan_0-1713354324971.png
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

when writing, order is not guaranteed due to the nature of distributed processing.If you want the order to be guaranteed, you should order it when reading the data.Your query does not write any data, DLT does, that is the difference.

• 1 kudos
amit_jbs
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

In databricks deployment .py files getting converted to notebooks

A critical issue has arisen that is impacting our deployment planning for our client. We have encountered a challenge with our Azure CI/CD pipeline integration, specifically concerning the deployment of Python files (.py). Despite our best efforts, w...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

What is your pipeline?  We propagate notebooks using Azure Devops Repos with PRs and merges. like that files do not get converted.

• 0 kudos
Nagarathna
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

File not found error when trying to read json file from aws s3 using with open.

I am trying to reading json from aws s3 using with open in databricks notebook using shared cluster.Error message:No such file or directory:'/dbfs/mnt/datalake/input_json_schema.json'In single instance cluster the above error is not found.  

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Nagarathna
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hey,Thanks for suggesting this approach.But I want to know why the json file cannot be read from AWS S3 bucket using "with open" in python with shared instance mode cluster. The code works perfectly fine if I'm using a single instance mode cluster.co...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Hogan
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can browse external Storage, but can not create a Table from there - VNET, ADLSGen2

Hi there!Hope somebody here can help me. We have created a new Databricks Account on Azure with the ARM template for VNET injection.We have all the subnets etc., unitiy catalog active and the connector for databricks.I want now to create my first tab...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Hogan
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi,To solve this problem, the following Microsoft documentation can be used to configure the NCC to enable the connection between the private Azure storage and the serverless resources.https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/security/netwo...

• 0 kudos
sai_sathya
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

DataFrame to CSV write has issues due to multiple commas inside an row value

Hi alliam working on a data containing JSON fields with embedded commas into CSV format. iam facing challenges due to the commas within the JSON being misinterpreted as column delimiters during the conversion process.i tried several methods to modify...

sai_sathya_0-1712850570456.png sai_sathya_1-1712850991923.png
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi Sai, I assume that the problem comes not from the PySpark, but from Excel. I tried to reproduce the error and didn't find the way - that a good thing, right ? Please try the following :    df.write.format("csv").save("/Volumes/<my_catalog_name>/<m...

• 1 kudos
5 More Replies
Nithya_r
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Access Delta sharing from Azure Data Factory

I recently got access to delta sharing and I am looking to access the data from the tables in share through ADF. I used linked services such as REST API and HTTP and successfully established connection using the credential file token and http path, h...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hey, I think you'll need to use a Databricks activity instead of Copy See : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/connector-overview#integrate-with-more-data-storeshttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/transform-data-dat...

• 0 kudos
databird
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Redefine ETL strategy with pypskar approach

Hey everyone!I've some previous experience with Data Engineering, but totally new in Databricks and Delta Tables.Starting this thread hoping to ask some questions and asking for help on how to design a process.So I have essentially 2 delta tables (sa...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
artsheiko
Valued Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

Hi @databird , You can review the code of each demo by opening the content via "View the Notebooks" or by exploring the following repo : https://github.com/databricks-demos (you can try to search for "merge" to see all the occurrences, for example) T...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies