Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

kiko_roy
by New Contributor III
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Permission error loading dataframe from azure unity catalog to GCS bucket

I am creating a data frame by reading a table's data residing in Azure backed unity catalog. I need to write the df or file to GCS bucket. I have configured the spark cluster config using the GCP service account json values.on running : df1.write.for...

Data Engineering
GCS bucket
permission error
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
ruloweb
Visitor
  • 3 kudos

Hi, is there any terraform resource to apply this GRANT or this have to be done always manually?

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
leireroman
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bootstrap Timeout during job cluster start

My job was not able to start because I got this problem in the job cluster.This job is running on a Azure Databricks workspace that has been deployed for almost a year and I have not had this error before. It is deployed in North Europe.After getting...

leireroman_0-1713160992292.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
lukasjh
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

We have the same problem randomly occurring since yesterday in two workspaces.The cluster started fine today in the morning at 08:00, but failed again from around 09:00 on. 

• 0 kudos
MrJava
by New Contributor III
  • 9 replies
  • 9 kudos

How to know, who started a job run?

Hi there!We have different jobs/workflows configured in our Databricks workspace running on AWS and would like to know who actually started the job run? Are they started by a user or a service principle using curl?Currently one can only see, who is t...

• 9 replies
  • 9 kudos
Latest Reply
leonorgrosso
  • 9 kudos

I've just posted this idea on the Idea Portal of Databricks regarding this subject. Upvote it so it may get developed!https://feedback.azure.com/d365community/idea/5d0fdbbf-eefb-ee11-a73c-0022485313bb

• 9 kudos
8 More Replies
MathewDRitch
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting from Databricks to Network Path

Hi All,Will appreciate if someone can help me with some references links on connecting from Databricks to external network path. I have Databricks on AWS and previously used to connect to files on external network path using Mount method. Now Databri...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Karene
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Connection to Redash

Hello,I am trying to connect my Redash account with Databricks so that my organization can run queries on the data in Unity Catalog from Redash.I followed through the steps in the documentation and managed to connect successfully. However, I am only ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Karene, Thanks for reaching out! We'll look into this and get back to you with an answer shortly. Thanks for your patience!

• 0 kudos
AnkithP
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Infer schema eliminating leading zeros.

Upon reading a CSV file with schema inference enabled, I've noticed that a column originally designated as string datatype contains numeric values with leading zeros. However, upon reading the data to Pyspark data frame, it undergoes automatic conver...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Mutharasu
by New Contributor II
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

SAP Business Object(BO) Integration with Databricks

Hi Team,We are doing an analysis on SAP Business object to connect with databricks and built a report on top of the data in the data lakehouse. In our current architecture we have delta tables on top of S3 storage. Please let us know any connectors/d...

• 6 replies
  • 6 kudos
Latest Reply
bharat4880
Visitor
  • 6 kudos

Hi @HB83 , Can I know which version of BO are you using? We have a similar requirement.

• 6 kudos
5 More Replies
Ravikumashi
by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

issue with azure databricks workspace after we disable public network access

Hi All,We had azure databricks workspaces created thru terraform with public network access enabled to true and everything was working great. recently we have disabled the public network access and started to face issues.terraform is uanble to add us...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Ravikumashi
Contributor
  • 0 kudos

we use the following code to create private endpoint and on UI we can see the private endpoint connection status as approved.resource "azurerm_private_endpoint" "example" { name = "example-endpoint" location = azurerm_re...

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies
Anske
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

One-time backfill for DLT streaming table before apply_changes

Hi,absolute Databricks noob here, but I'm trying to set up a DLT pipeline that processes cdc records from an external sql server instance to create a mirrored table in my databricks delta lakehouse. For this, I need to do some initial one-time backfi...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Anske
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

So since nobody responded, I decided to try my own suggestion and hack the snapshot data into the table that gathers the change data capture. After some straying I ended up with the notebook as attached.The notebook first creates 2 dlt tables (lookup...

• 0 kudos
dollyb
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Differences between Spark SQL and Databricks

Hello,I'm using a local Docker Spark 3.5 runtime to test my Databricks Connect code. However I've come across a couple of cases where my code would work in one environment, but not the other.Concrete example, I'm reading data from BigQuery via spark....

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
cubanDataDude
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Job Claiming NotebooKNotFound Incorrectly (seemingly)

I have the code captured below in the screenshot. When I run this individually it works just fine, when I JOB runs this it fails out with 'ResourceNotFound' - not sure what the issue is... - Checked 'main' branch, which is where this job is pulling f...

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
cubanDataDude
New Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Figured it out:ecw_staging_nb_List = ['nb_UPSERT_stg_ecw_insurance','nb_UPSERT_stg_ecw_facilitygroups']Works just fine.

• 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors