Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

phguk
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding NFS storage as external volume (Unity)

Can anyone share experience (or point me to another reference) that describes how to configure Azure Blob storage which has NFS enabled as an external volume to Databricks ?I've succeeded in adding SMB storage to Databricks but (if I understand prope...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
phguk
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Apologies for the delay & many thanks for responding. Yes I've been able to mount my premium storage + NFS container as an external volume to Databricks.

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
kp12
by New Contributor II
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

column "id" is of type uuid but expression is of type character varying.

Hello,I'm trying to write to Azure PostgreSQL flexible  database from Azure Databricks, using PostgreSQL connector in Databricks Runtime in 12.2LTS.I'm using df.write.format("postgresql").save() to write to PostgreSQL database, but getting the follow...

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Student-Learn
New Contributor
  • 1 kudos

Yes, this stack overflow was my reference too and adding below option made load go with no error on UUID data type in postgres columnSpoiler.option(stringtype, "unspecified").option(stringtype, "unspecified")https://stackoverflow.com/questions/409739...

• 1 kudos
3 More Replies
faithlawrence98
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why I am getting QB Desktop Error 6000 recurringly?

Whenever I try to open my company file over a network or multi-user mode, I keep getting QB Desktop Error 6000 and something after that. The error messages on my screen vary every time I attempt to access the data file. I cannot understand the error,...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
judithphillips5
New Contributor
  • 0 kudos

Hi, @faithlawrence98 Don’t worry; we’re here to help you.To open your company file over the network, it is required to run the QB Database Server Manager on your server computer. In case this tool isn’t running, you will most probably face QB Desktop...

• 0 kudos
Raja_fawadAhmed
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

databricks job compute price w.r.t running time

I have two workflows (jobs) in data bricks (AWS) with below cluster specs (job base cluster NOT general purpose)Driver: i3.xlarge · Workers: i3.xlarge · 2-8 workers Job 1 takes 10 min to completeJob 2 takes 50 min to completeQuestions:DBU cost is sam...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Raja_fawadAhmed, DBU Cost for Both Jobs: Databricks pricing is based on DBUs (Databricks Units) consumed. The cost depends on the type of compute instances used and the specific workload.For your two jobs, the DBU cost would be calculated...

• 0 kudos
halox6000
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Databricks community edition down?

I am getting this error when trying to create a cluster: "Self-bootstrap failure during launch. Please try again later and contact Databricks if the problem persists. Node daemon fast failed and did not answer ping for instance"

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
halox6000
New Contributor II
  • 1 kudos

its back up for me. 

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
Prashanthkumar
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is it possible to view Databricks cluster metrics using REST API

I am looking for some help on getting databricks cluster metrics such as memory utilization, CPU utilization, memory swap utilization, free file system using REST API.I am trying it in postman using databricks token and with my Service Principal bear...

Prashanthkumar_0-1705104529507.png
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Nandhini_Kumar
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Is there any alternative way to get all performance metrics programmatically?

• 0 kudos
4 More Replies
Surajv
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Difference between delete token API and revoke token API Databricks

Hi Community, I am trying to understand the difference between:Delete token API: DELETE /api/2.0/token-management/tokens/{token_id}Revoke token API: POST /api/2.0/token/deleteAs, when I create more than 600 tokens - I am getting QUOTA_EXCEEDED error....

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Surajv
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Delete token API doc link: https://docs.databricks.com/api/workspace/tokenmanagement/deleteRevoke token API doc link: https://docs.databricks.com/api/workspace/tokens/revoketoken 

• 0 kudos
NC
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using libpostal in Databricks

Hi,I am trying to work on address parsing and would like to use libpostal in Databricks.I have used the official python bindings: GitHub - openvenues/pypostal: Python bindings to libpostal for fast international address parsing/normalizationpip insta...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NC
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

I managed to install pylibpostal via the Cluster Library. but I cannot seem to download the data needed to run it.Please help. Thank you.

• 0 kudos
hpicatto
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Download event and run logs

how can I download the run and event logs? spark UI is loading them from somewhere but I couldn't find them in dbfs nor on s3

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @hpicatto,  The Spark Web UI provides a suite of user interfaces (UIs) for monitoring your Spark cluster. You can access it by navigating to http://<driver-node-ip>:18080 in your web browser.On the appropriate application page, click the Download ...

• 0 kudos
super7admin
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

unable to see AI playground in Machine Learning in Dashboard

unable to see AI playground in Machine Learning in Dashboard

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @super7admin, Please check this document - https://docs.databricks.com/en/large-language-models/ai-playground.html

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Surajv
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is the quota limit for using create user token api?

Hi Community, I was going through this doc: https://docs.databricks.com/api/workspace/tokens/create to and got to know, that there is a quota limit to how many token one can generate using the api: POST /api/2.0/token/create, having breached the thre...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Surajv, Let’s dive into the details of token quotas in Databricks. Quota Limit for Token Creation: The quota limit for creating user tokens via the API (specifically, using POST /api/2.0/token/create) is essential to manage token usage.Each u...

• 0 kudos
Surajv
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Number of tokens generated for a service principal

Hi community, Is there any API or option to view all PAT tokens generated by a Databricks service principal?

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Surajv, When working with Databricks service principals, you can manage and view personal access tokens (PATs) associated with them. Here’s how you can achieve this: What is a Service Principal? A service principal is an identity created in ...

• 0 kudos
Еmil
by New Contributor III
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! source set to GIT for Databricks Asset Bundle notebook_task - git authentication fails on run

My post was marked as Spam after trying to post the description of my issue so now I have posted the question on stackoverflow.

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 1 kudos

Hi @Еmil, I've read through your question and believe I have a solution for you. Here's a response to your question: Since your job runs as a service principal, consider using OAuth M2M authentication for accessing your Azure DevOps Git repository.En...

• 1 kudos
2 More Replies
Frustrated_DE
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLT SQL demo pipeline issue

Hi,   First foray into DLT and following code exerts from the sample-DLT-notebook.I'm creating a notebook with the SQL below:CREATE STREAMING LIVE TABLE sales_orders_rawCOMMENT "The raw sales orders, ingested from /databricks-datasets."TBLPROPERTIES ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Frustrated_DE
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

If you change the notebook default language as opposed to using magic command. I normally have it set to Python, I've wrongly assumed DLT would transpose as can't use magic command but have to change default in order for it to work. 

• 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors