Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

jenshumrich
by New Contributor III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filter not using partition

I have the following code:spark.sparkContext.setCheckpointDir("dbfs:/mnt/lifestrategy-blob/checkpoints") result_df.repartitionByRange(200, "IdStation") result_df_checked = result_df.checkpoint(eager=True) unique_stations = result_df.select("IdStation...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
jenshumrich
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Thanks a lot for your response. It seems the Filter is not pushed down, no? station_df.explain() == Physical Plan == *(1) Filter (isnotnull(IdStation#2678) AND (IdStation#2678 = 1119844)) +- *(1) Scan ExistingRDD[Date#2718,WindSpeed#2675,Tower_Accele...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
israelst
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLT can't authenticate with kinesis using instance profile

When running my notebook using personal compute with instance profile I am indeed able to readStream from kinesis. But adding it as a DLT with UC, while specifying the same instance-profile in the DLT pipeline setting - causes a "MissingAuthenticatio...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
Unity Catalog
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Mathias_Peters
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi, were you able to solve this problem? If so, what was the solution?

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
angel_ba
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

unity catalog system.access.audit lag

Hello,We have unity catalog enabled workspace. To get the completion time of a pipeline that runs multiple times a day, I am  checking system.access.audit table. Comparing the completion time of the pipeline compared to other pipeline time I am creat...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
nikhilkumawat
by New Contributor III
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Get file information while using "Trigger jobs when new files arrive" https://docs.databricks.com/workflows/jobs/file-arrival-triggers.html

I am currently trying to use this feature of "Trigger jobs when new file arrive" in one of my project. I have an s3 bucket in which files are arriving on random days. So I created a job to and set the trigger to "file arrival" type. And within the no...

• 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
adriennn
New Contributor III
  • 3 kudos

Looks like a major oversight not to be able to get the information on what file(s) have triggered the job. Anyway, the above explanations given by Anon read like the replies of ChatGPT, especially the scenario where a dataframe is passed to a trigger...

• 3 kudos
5 More Replies
BerkerKozan
by New Contributor III
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using AAD Spn on AWS Databricks

I use AWS Databricks which has an SSO&Scim integration with AAD. I generated an SPN in AAD, synced it to Databricks, and want to use this SPN with using AAD client secrets to use Databricks SDK. But it doesnt work. I dont want to generate another tok...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Anske
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLT apply_changes applies only deletes and inserts not updates

Hi,I have a DLT pipeline that applies changes from a source table (cdctest_cdc_enriched) to a target table (cdctest), by the following code:dlt.apply_changes(    target = "cdctest",    source = "cdctest_cdc_enriched",    keys = ["ID"],    sequence_by...

Data Engineering
Delta Live Tables
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
zahra_Khedri
by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

An error occurred when loading Jobs and Workflows App.

Hi,I was trying to open the Workflows but there is an error "An error occurred when loading Jobs and Workflows App." we need help to know why it happened and how we can resolve it please. 

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 11.31.53.png
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
GeoPer
Visitor
  • 0 kudos

Same...and the weirdest is that all of the services looks healthy in https://status.databricks.com/Region: eu-central-1Provider: AWSCould anyone provide some info here?

• 0 kudos
stepysamud
by Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Workflow UI broken after creating job via the api

Hi all,I'm in the progress of migrating from Databricks Azure to Databricks AWS.One part of this is migrating all our workflows which I wanted to via the /api/2.1/jobs/create api with the workflow passed via the json body. I have successfully created...

stepysamud_0-1714037158355.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
madrhr
by New Contributor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

SparkContext lost when running %sh script.py

I need to execute a .py file in Databricks from a notebook (with arguments which for simplicity i exclude here). For this i am using:%sh script.pyscript.py:from pyspark import SparkContext def main(): sc = SparkContext.getOrCreate() print(sc...

Data Engineering
%sh
.py
bash shell
SparkContext
SparkShell
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Latest Reply
Yeshwanth
Contributor III
  • 1 kudos

@madrhr I think this occurs because one session is initiated within the Python script (.py file), while in the Databricks notebook, we have a pre-configured Spark session. It is important to note that we cannot use more than one Spark session per not...

• 1 kudos
1 More Replies
deng_dev
by New Contributor III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cached Views in MERGE INTO operation

Hi everyone!I want to use in-memory cached views in a merge into operation, but I am not entirely sure if the exactly saved in-memory view is used in this operation or not.So, suppose I have a table named table_1 and a cached view named cached_view_1...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
shan_chandra
Honored Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

@deng_dev - Are you using external metastore by any chance. From the physical plan, we could see the catalog`.`db`.`table_1` is not cached.  If it is glue catalog, then caching can be enabled based on the below configs in the article below https://do...

• 0 kudos
Anonymous
by Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 8 kudos

Resolved! What are some best practices for CICD?

A number of people have questions on using Databricks in a productionalized environment. What are the best practices to enable CICD automation?

• 15 replies
  • 8 kudos
Latest Reply
BaivabMohanty
New Contributor II
  • 8 kudos

Any leads/posts for Databricks CI/CD  integration with Bitbucket pipeline. I am facing the below error while I creation my CICD pipeline pipelines:branches:master:- step:name: Deploy Databricks Changesimage: docker:19.03.12services:- dockerscript:# U...

• 8 kudos
14 More Replies
Sambit_S
by New Contributor II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error during deserializing protobuf data

I am receiving protobuf data in a json attribute and along with it I receive a descriptor file.I am using from_protobuf to deserialize the data as below,It works most of the time but giving error when there are some recursive fields within the protob...

Sambit_S_0-1713966940987.png
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
drag7ter
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Not able to set run_as service_principal_name

I'm trying to run: databricks bundle deploy -t prod --profile PROD_Service_Principal My bundle looks: bundle: name: myproject include: - resources/jobs/bundles/*.yml targets: # The 'dev' target, for development purposes. This target is the de...

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
drag7ter
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

In my case I replaced alias PROD_Service_Principal with id c250831b-5a2a-4461-a855-83b9102f797e and it works. Not intuitive, probably this is a bug in CLI ot bundles service_principal_name: c250831b-5a2a-4461-a855-83b9102f797e  

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors